Dr. Richard Dahar was born and raised in Dillonvale, Ohio. He graduated from Waynesburg College in 1968. At Waynesburg, he was an All-American running back on a national championship football team.
Dr. Dahar received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in 1972, then completed two years of orthodontic education at the University of Pittsburgh in 1974. Dr. Dahar was recently honored by Pittsburgh Magazine as one of the Top 100 Dentists in Pittsburgh.
- Board certified, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
- Western Pennsylvania State Society of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Society of Orthodontics
- Pennsylvania State Society of Orthodontics
- Downtown Pittsburgh Dental Society, past president and director
- American Lingual Orthodontic Association, founding member and treasurer
Outside the Office
Dr. Dahar and his wife Lorraine live in Gibsonia and have three children. Julie is a teacher and a mother to four beautiful children, Eric graduated with his master’s degree in art and is currently working in Pittsburgh, and Gena is a teacher and a mother to two young children.
In addition to his love of golf, Dr. Dahar also enjoys skiing with his family. He is active in the community, and serves on the board of the Deer Valley YMCA Camp. Dr. Dahar happily supports many local youth sports programs, area schools, and community-sponsored programs.