June 13th, 2013
Most of us aren’t born with a red carpet smile. And if you’ve thought about straightening your teeth but are apprehensive about doing so with traditional orthodontic treatment, Dr. Dahar and our team at Smiles by Dahar want you to know there is another option – Invisalign®!
Invisalign, recently featured the NBC’s Today Show, is an ideal solution for most adults looking for a less noticeable way to achieve a better smile. In fact, Invisalign has increasingly become a very popular choice for adults looking for a more comfortable, convenient and cosmetically-appealing treatment for straightening their teeth.
Our team at Smiles by Dahar is proud to offer Invisalign, which uses a series of invisible, removable and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing, which allows you to smile more during treatment, as well as after. Not only are the aligners invisible, they are also removable, so you can eat and drink what you want; brushing and flossing is easier with Invisalign than with traditional braces.
Invisalign’s aligners are also comfortable, with no metal to cause mouth abrasions during your treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time at our office getting adjustments. Invisalign also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete!
A consultation with Dr. Dahar can determine if Invisalign is right for you. We encourage you to watch the above clip and give us a call at our friendly Avalon or Zelienople, PA office if you’re interested in learning more about Invisalign or if you are ready to visit us for an initial consultation! We look forward to seeing you!
June 6th, 2013
Can you believe it’s already June? Today, Dr. Dahar and our team at Smiles by Dahar thought we’d tell you June is National Smile Month, and a good time to remind all our patients to practice good oral hygiene while you are wearing braces!
Below are a few simple steps you can take to improve your oral health so that you may celebrate National Smile Month for many, many years to come:
- Brush at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss every day to clean between your teeth
- Reduce your intake of sugary foods and drinks
- Visit your dentist every six months, or as recommended
If you have questions about any of these tips, we encourage you to give us a call, ask our team during your next adjustment visit at our Avalon or Zelienople, PA office, or ask us on Facebook!
May 30th, 2013
Invisalign clear aligners can be a great option for improving your smile. At Smiles by Dahar, we have lots of experience using this technology to give our patients the beautiful and healthy smile they’ve always wanted. Plus, because it’s so convenient, Invisalign rarely interferes with your daily life.
- Invisalign aligners are clear, discrete and effective at moving your teeth into their ideal positions.
- You don’t need to change your eating habits because your aligners can be easily removed.
- Invisalign aligners are made of comfortable, smooth plastic, so you don’t have to worry about wires or braces sticking you.
- Invisalign aligners make daily oral hygiene easier, therefore ensuring you have a beautiful smile without white spots.
- Like traditional braces, Invisalign treatment is covered by most insurance providers.
A straight smile makes you look great, but it can also keep the rest of your mouth healthy. Properly-aligned teeth and jaws can greatly improve one’s bite, which reduce problems such as speech or chewing difficulties, TMJ or jaw problems as well as protect the integrity of the tooth enamel from excessive wear.
Both teens and adults are now great candidates for Invisalign, so we invite you to contact our Avalon or Zelienople, PA office to set up an initial consultation and learn more on how Invisalign can give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
May 23rd, 2013
Memorial Day didn’t become an official holiday until 1971, but Americans started gathering annually in the spring to remember those who lost their lives in war during the 1860s, right after the Civil War. Celebrated on the last Monday in May, people still decorate the grave sites of war veterans and hold memorial services, but Memorial Day has also evolved into a day that signifies the beginning of summer.
During the summer months, many people take road trips to visit family members. Some head off to the airport to enjoy a long-awaited vacation far away, while others look forward to spending time with friends and family at home. However you spend Memorial Day and the subsequent summer months, there are a few things you can take care of to ensure your summertime is enjoyable.
Checklist for an Enjoyable Summer
- Have the AC Checked. During the hottest days of summer, many families find themselves sweating it out due to a broken air conditioning system. Be proactive so you can avoid waiting for hours or days because the HVAC repair person is booked solid. Have your air conditioning system checked before or around Memorial Day each year.
- Ensure Security While You’re Away. When you leave for vacation, the last thing you should have to worry about is the security of your home. Install a home security system, if possible, and put a timer on your lights so they go on and off at normal hours. You can also alert your local police department that you’ll be gone, and ask them to drive by your house once in a while to make sure everything is okay.
- Visit Dr. Dahar Before Vacation. Many people put off school-related or annual health exams until after summer vacation. Avoid the crowds and make sure your physical and oral health are in top shape prior to vacation time so there are no unpleasant surprises.
- Plan Your Memorial Day Traditions. Whether you host a barbecue in the Avalon or Zelienople, PA area or beyond, gather for the parade, or spend time at a loved one’s grave site, plan your Memorial Day happenings in advance so those you wish to include can be there.
Our team at Smiles by Dahar wants you to look forward to Memorial Day and the days of summer by preparing to spend the time safely and comfortably. As you plan ahead, take care of your health and secure your home, you can place your focus on creating memories with family members and friends while enjoying your favorite Memorial Day traditions.